What can you do in the National Library during self-service hours? Some of our services can also be used on home computers, and in order to have storage material ready for your library visit you should make storage retrieval requests before coming to library premises.
Self-service hours at the National Library
- Mon – Fri from 9 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 6 pm
There is no customer service during self-service hours, and the Special Collections Reading Room is not open.
(Customer service is open on Mon – Fri from10 am to 5 pm)
During self-service hours you can
- use the self-service machines to return and borrow materials
- pick up your reservations
- read your reading room loans
- use electronic materials and databases through library terminals
- print documents using the Print in City service
During self-service hours you can’t for example
- get a new library card
- pay overdue fines at the service point (you can also pay online, when you log into the National Library’s search service)
- pick up interlibrary loans
- use the Special Collections Reading Room