The National Library is closed from 18 March to 13 May
We are preparing for the limited opening of loaning services and will report on the matter on the week starting with 11 May. Information below will be updated.
The National library is closed for the period between 18 March and 13 May.
We aim to keep all our digital services running as normal.
An exceptional situation has been declared at the University of Helsinki and we will follow all directions and regulations issued:
- All public events up to 31 May have been cancelled.
- Meetings will be arranged on-line.
- Our staff will mainly be working from home.
- Our experts can be reached via phone or email.
Opening hours for summer 2020 are under review at the moment due to the corona virus situation. Information on these will be available on 15 May at the latest.
- Starting from due date 9 March, due date for all loans have been postponed to 1 June
- Pick-up date for all reservations will be from 14 May to 1 June
- No late fees will be invoiced during 18 March – 1 June
- No loans or reservations are delivered during closing
- Reservations can be made, but they will only be processed when the library opens, in the order the reservations were placed
- You cannot return material during closing
We do not currently borrow or lend interlibrary loans, and we don't make reproductions. You can order interlibrary loans and reproductions, but they will be processed when the library opens.
More detailed updates to our services can be found in our wikis: https://www.kiwi.fi/category/asiakaswikit
More on the coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/news/coronavirus-situation-at-the-university-...