Summer opening hours until 31 August 2022
The National Library is open on weekdays from 9 am to 6 pm all summer.
Self-service hours are from 9am to 10am and 5pm to 6 pm. There is no customer service during self-service hours, and the Special Collections Reading Room is not open.
- The library is open Mon – Fri from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Self-service hours are Mon – Fri from 9 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 6 pm.
- Information desks in Rotunda, the Special Collections Reading Room and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- The information desk in the North Hall is open from 1 pm to 3 pm. Assistance can be requested from Rotunda service desk from 10 am to 12 pm.
- Current opening hours and detailed information for the Legal Deposit Office is available on the Legal Deposit Office web page.
Exceptions to summer opening hours
- Wed 25th May 2022 Day before Ascension Day. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Thu 26th May 2022 Ascension Day. Library is closed.
- Thu 2nd June 2022 Private Function. Library closes at 2 pm.
- Fri 10th June 2022 Staff Event. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Thu 23rd June 2022 Day before Midsummer's Eve. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Fri 24th June 2022 Midsummer's Eve. Library is closed.
Covid-19 measures at the Library
- Using a face mask is no longer required at the National Library.
- We continue to recommend the use of protective face masks at your own discretion and in situations where several people are present in facilities and social distancing is impossible. By wearing a mask in congested situations, you protect yourself and others.
- Consider wearing a mask for your personal health and safety, especially if you are in a high-risk group.