Opening hours and services from 1 September 2022
The National Library is open on weekdays from 9am to 6pm.
Self-service hours are from 9am to 10am and 5pm to 6pm. There is no customer service during self-service hours, and the Special Collections Reading Room is not open.
Updated October 11th: Staff event in December.
Updated October 25th: December 1st Private Function.
- The library is open Mon – Fri from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Self-service hours are Mon – Fri from 9 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 6 pm. The Special Collections Reading Room is closed during self-service hours.
- Information desks in Rotunda, the Special Collections Reading Room and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- The information desk in the North Hall is open from 1 pm to 3 pm. Assistance can be requested from Rotunda service desk from 10 am to 12 pm.
- The Legal Deposit Office has phone service (+358 2941 44321) and office hours (Yliopistonkatu 1) on weekdays 9am to 12pm. More information and instructions for legal deposit delivery is available on the Legal Deposit Office web page.
Exceptions and seasonal closures
- Fri 4 November 2022 Day before All Saints’ Day. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Thu 1 December 2022 Private Function. Library closes at 4pm.
- Fri 2 December 2022 Staff Event. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Mon 5 December 2022 Eve of Finland's Independence Day. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Tue 6 December 2022 Finland's Independence Day. Library is closed.
- Fri 23 December 2022 Day before Christmas Eve. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Mon 26 December 2022 Boxing Day. Library is closed.
- Thu 5 January 2023 Twelfth Night. Library closes at 4 pm.
- Fri 6 January 2023 Epiphany. Library is closed.
- The best way to contact customer service is by sending email to email@example.com
- Phone service +358 2941 23196 on weekdays from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Chat service on weekdays from 1–4pm at kansalliskirjasto.finna.fi, kansalliskirjasto.fi and digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi