Changes in the opening hours from 28 February 2022 onwards
From 28 February 2022 onwards, the National Library is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If the COVID-19 situation changes, opening hours and services can change quickly.
Updated February 28th: The Legal Deposit Office opening hours.
Updated April 27th: Protective measures
- From 28 February onwards, the library is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Self-service hours at the National Library are Mon – Fri from 9 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 6 pm. There is no customer service during self-service hours, and the Special Collections Reading Room is not open.
- Information desks in Rotunda, the Special Collections Reading Room and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The information desk in the North Hall is open from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. On request from Rotunda service desk from 10 am to 12 pm.
- The Legal Deposit Office at Yliopistonkatu 1 opens on 1 March 2022 for deliveries of small parcels. The office is open normally (weekdays 9 a.m. to 12 noon). Detailed information is available on the Legal Deposit Office web page.
- Using a face mask is no longer required at the National Library.
- We continue to recommend the use of protective face masks at your own discretion and in situations where several people are present and social distancing is impossible. By wearing a mask in congested situations, you protect yourself and others.
- Consider wearing a mask for your personal health and safety, especially if you are in a high-risk group.
- The best way to contact customer service is by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call +358 2941 23196 for service by phone on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- You can also contact us through our chat service on weekdays at kansalliskirjasto.finna.fi, kansalliskirjasto.fi and digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi