Are you interested in cooperating with the National Library of Finland? We can provide you with analogue source materials, digital data, and extensive knowledge of our materials — not to mention the artificial intelligence development of digital materials or other tools developed for the processing of materials.
What to do:
- Try to describe your cooperation idea as accurately as possible. This will speed up the processing.
- Get in touch as soon as possible, especially in joint partnership projects, as it can take months to process and negotiate all of the details. When you contact us, take into account the schedules of the funding application and the funders.
- After submitting an initiative on research cooperation, we will try to assess as soon as possible what kind of cooperation would be the most useful and how long it will take to process the matter.
- We will evaluate the research cooperation in relation to our strategy, the current digitisation programme, and ongoing development projects. The research cooperation will be evaluated by a wide range of specialists, including specialists in materials and collections, metadata and description, technical development and artificial intelligence, as well as research implementation, depending on the content of the collaboration.
- Negotiations regarding the details of the research cooperation will continue with the researcher / research team as necessary. The duration of the negotiations depends on the nature and scope of the cooperation.
- Participating in a research project as a partner must be approved by the National Library of Finland before the research funding application is submitted. When you send a funding application to a funder, also send a copy to the National Library of Finland.
- Any inquiries can be sent to the National Library of Finland’s research services at firstname.lastname@example.org.